Title - CLIMATE CHANGE WITH RELATION TO ALGAL BIOMASS PRODUCTION
Financial Year 2012-13
- Establishment of Algal Laboratory
- Screening of fast growing strains of Algae
- CO2 sequestration by local algae
- CO2 sequestration at different environmental factors (pH, temperature, Light intensity)
- Effect of different concentration of CO2 on algal growth rate.
Financial Year 2013-14
- Upgradation of the isolated strains for increasing their efficiency under different growth condition (Autotrophic, heterotrophic and Chemotrophic)
- Comparision of the algal biomass production in defined culture medium using conical flasks, carboy vessels and photobioreactors under laboratry conditions.
- Strain improvement for increasing CO2 sequestrations by the identified algal strain 7and further isolation and standardization of algal samples from stressed habitats (hot water spring of Taptapani and Atri)
- CO2 sequestration at different environmental factors (pH , temperature and light intensity)
- Scaling of Lab cultures for mass production of Algal Biomass
- Mass production of algal biomass using photobioreactor and fermentors
Title - FLY-ASH RECLAMATION AND UTILIZATION IN AGRICULTURE WITH ALGALIZATION TECHNOLOGY
- To develop a protocol for producing fly ash enriched with biofertilizer organisms
- To reclaim fly-ash using indigenous blue green algae (Cyanobacteria)
- To creates awareness among farmers for utilization of fly ash as carrier materials in agriculture.
- To develop entrepreneurship programme for utilization of value added fly ash with BGA.
- Isolation, characterization and optimization of blue green algal samples suitable for fly ash reclamation
- Fly ash as a carrier material for Azolla as biofertilizer
- Collection of Fly-ash from a number of Industries and their pH & EC will be studied.
- More number of algal organisms will be used for reclaiming the fly ash collected from different Industries.
- Utilization of treated fly ash in agriculture and vermicompost.
- Different regions near Fly-ash production industries will be taken for Algal bio-diversity study .
- Analysis of heavy metal and micronutrient content of normal fly ash and reclaimed fly ash for shorter and longer period of time.
- Selection of potential blue green algae for reducing Cu, Mn, Zn, Ni and Fe in fly ash through bioaccumulation in its cell.
- In corporation of fly ash in vermicomposting
- Flyash as a carrier material for Azolla as biofertilizer